Thursday 21 February 2013

Week Eighteen

Week Eighteen

On the eighteenth week of producing my final project I looked into possible locations for my party/bar scene whilst continuing to shoot the rest of my video. For the planning of the locations, I desired to ask local bars if they would allow me to come into their business for a few hours in order to shoot what I needed and gain professional, looking and successful footage. I knew that this was a big challenge, however I felt that it would be attainable at the correct businesses, and thus used my initiative in order to gain what I needed. Below you can see the email that I compiled in an attempt to gain access to a bar for the shooting of my video. 

Alternatively, this week I constructed a timelapse of clock hands spinning around that- when complete- would play a fundamental role in my video and adhere to the theme of time that runs throughout all of my products. At first I attempted to use the timelapse with the default settings on the 550D, however this was not fluid enough and the range of options was not wide enough for what I wanted to create. As a result of this, I decided to install software called Magic Lantern onto the camera which allowed me to set up an intervalometer of 30 seconds and save battery power so that more photos could be taken. This in turn resulted in a much more effective timelapse and is exactly what I was looking to create. 


No comments:

Post a Comment